Lutheran Women's Missionary League
Led By: Effa Winkler
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML) is the official women's auxiliary of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod. For over 70 years, the LWML has focused on affirming each woman's relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions. We are part of a National League. Our group here at Trinity is a small group but with God's help we accomplish much.
We are known for our funeral lunches and helping with pot lucks but we go far beyond that. We also among other things:
- Host a birthday party for residents at Alma Manor every year.
- Host a Christmas luncheon for 40 or more guests.
- Collect soap for Lutheran World Relief.
- Provide the Lutheran Woman's Quarterly Magazine to Trinity women.
- Sell boxed greeting cards.
- Send greeting cards to Trinity members
- Made the quiet bags for small children that hang in the Narthex.
Out of our local treasury we also help support:
LWML members and other volunteers meet the second and fourth Thursdays of every month to cut, tie, and sew quilts. These quilts are given to Lutheran World Relief and other local charities.
Our regular meeting is the first Thursday of each month at 1:45 pm for Bible Study and a business meeting. New members are always welcome.
LWML Christmas Baskets
Last year, the LWML ladies used a Thrivent Action Team to buy food for four families in need in our own backyard. They baked some cookies and put everything in baskets for the families so they could have a nice Christmas meal.
The ladies did the same thing in 2015, but expanded their effort to help five families in McFarland.